Sunday, March 27, 2011

St. Patrick's day

My boys have learned to love St Patrick's day. They try and set traps for the leprechauns so they don't make a mess in the house or turn the milk green. This year we didn't make traps. Russell thought it would be fun to make a house and clothes for them.. We got busy and didn't make them during the day so when the boys went to bed they asked if I would make the leprechauns a house. So I found some boxes and put some green construction paper on it and set their houses up. The leprechauns were so nice this year. They didn't make any messes in the house or turn any milk green instead they left some gold chocolate coins inside each house. I like that so much better and I hope they do it again. I did make green pancakes for fun and Russell and Isaac actually ate them. I was very proud of them for doing it. Maybe next year Curtis will try it. On saturday the 12 we went to the Irish festival in Eugene. It was fun and I learned a lot about Ireland and some of their fairy tales- like leprechauns and fairies and elves and banshees. Noah got to take a pennywhitsle class which he enjoyed.
Curtis with his choc gold coins.

Isaac and his coins.

1 comment:

  1. Gold Coins are so fun we always get some for Christmas so we can have wealth for the next year. I love that the leprecauns didn't leave any messes. What a great time!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete